OverviewRegex Match AutoSuggest Provider is a Trados Studio 2014/2015 plug-in that enables you to show AutoSuggest entries that match regular expressions specified. With this plug-in, you can, for example, enter a word or phrase that does not need to be translated, such as a model number or serial number, by selecting the regex-matched suggestion from AutoSuggest.
- Version 1.0 released (November 13, 2014)
- Version 1.1 released (November 18, 2014) with the following improvements:
- Added a small pop-up window (Ctrl+Shift+F12) to show all the evaluated suggestions.
- Eliminated the need to move the active segment after adding regex entries.
- Version 1.2 released (November 18, 2014) with the following improvements:
- Fixed the bug of showing wrong suggestions in some cases when the active segment has been moved.
- Version 1.4 released (December 17, 2014) with the following improvements:
- A few bug fixes
- Supports the use of variables in regex patterns
- Version 1.4 for Trados Studio 2015 released (July 23, 2015)
- CU5 for Trados Studio 2017 fixed the problem that the plugin failed to recognize numbers. (May 6, 2017)
- The plugin is now hosted on (can be downloaded from) SDL AppStore. (May 6, 2017)
DownloadRegex Match AutoSuggest Provider version 1.4 for Trados Studio 2014/2015/2017
*If you are using Chrome, it may block the file from being downloaded. If that happens, use a different browser or disable blocking temporarily before downloading the file.
Brief description of how to use Regex Match AutoSuggest Provider by Paul Filkin
- Double-click the installer and follow the instructions provided to finish installing the plug-in.
- Start Trados Studio 2014/2015/2017.
- Open an sdlxliff document to translate.
- On the ribbon interface, select View –> Regex Match AutoSuggest Provider.
The Regex Match AutoSuggest Provider view appears at the bottom of the Studio’s editor.
Using Regex Match AutoSuggest Provider
- Select the Enabled check box and enter Description (optional), Regex Pattern, and Replace Pattern in their respective fields.
- Type the first letter of the word matched to show AutoSuggest entries.
Using variablesThe version 1.4 or higher of the plugin supports the use of variables in regex patterns. A variable represents several pairs of source and target values defined in the Variables tab.
*The name of a variable cannot contain any symbols except _ (underscore) and cannot start with a number (0 to 9).
To use a variable in a regex pattern, enclose the variable name with # (number sign). In the following screenshot, the variable name Month is enclosed with #. In addition, remember to enclose it with parentheses when you want to reference it in the Replace Pattern field.
Currently, one regex pattern can only contain one variable.